Conversation Cafés Outreach Worker
(Part-time 1 day a week £23,850-pro rata)
Please note: this is a temporary position until end of March 2016;
Deadline for application is 2nd January 2016
We are looking for a part-time (1 day a week) Conversation Cafés Outreach Worker who has experience in working with migrant groups and passion for community development and cultural bridging.
Feniks. Counselling, Personal development and Support Services Ltd. is currently recruiting to support the delivery of the Edinburgh Council founded project. Its aim is to support the management and delivery of three Conversation Cafés, which target immigrant groups at risk of poor mental health.
As the Conversation Café Outreach Worker you will work with Conversation Café Coordinator and be responsible for:
* Ensuring that the ‘Conversation Café’s’ within the Leith area of Edinburgh are properly managed and running smoothly, the sessions are taking place on Monday and Sunday.
* Establishing links, invite, host and support Edinburgh charity and community projects to run monthly workshops relating to health and wellbeing in the space.
* Promotion of the project in order to reach out to the most vulnerable and isolated migrant groups
Applications will be assessed in relation to the essential and desirable criteria listed below. We recognize that strong applications may come from people who have qualities and experience not included below, but which may be equally valuable for the role.
If you are convinced that this is the job for you, please do go ahead and submit your application, the post requires passion and creativity and with this in mind, we particularly welcome new ideas and fresh approaches.
* Understanding of issues related to migration and an impact they may have on immigrants' physical and mental well-being;
* Experience in reaching out and engaging vulnerable groups, preferably migrant communities
* Passion for community development, understanding of health inequalities and integration;
* Previous experience in community development;
* Experience in organising and delivering workshops;
* Experience in volunteer management
* Fluent in social media marketing
Due to the nature of this post we will welcome candidates with different ethnic background. We will also require you to become a member of the PVG Scheme.
To apply please send your CV along with details on how you meet the criteria for the post to:
. Deadline for applications is 2nd January 2016.
Detailed Job description
For more information about the project please visit our ‘Leith Conversation Cafés’ Facebook page.